Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/africaonlineschool.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/learnpress-prerequisites-courses/inc/load.php on line 231
- 124 (Registered)
- (1 Review)
The International System of Units (abbreviated SI) is the metric system used in science, industry, and medicine. Every field of science involves taking measurements, understanding them, and communicating them to others. In other words, we all have to speak the same basic language. The SI system, also called the metric system, is used around the world. There are seven basic units in the SI system: the meter (m), the kilogram (kg), the second (s), the kelvin (K), the ampere (A), the mole (mol), and the candela (cd).
This course will aim at helping learners
- Understand the meaning and importance of measurement and state instances where it is applied.
- Know the fundamental quantities and the instruments used to measure them.
- Estimate and measure different physical quantities using appropriate equipment and express them using appropriate units.
- Scientific MeasurementsLecture2.1
- Measuring LengthLecture2.2
- Measuring AreaLecture2.3
- Measuring MassLecture2.4
- Measuring VolumeLecture2.5
- Measuring TimeLecture2.6
- Scientific Notation and Significant Figures in MeasurementsLecture2.7
- Scientific Measurements Quiz B 10 questions15 minQuiz2.1
- Scientific Measurements Quiz C 10 questions10 minQuiz2.2
The Simplest Way To Learn MeasurementsThis course makes it easy to learn and interpret scientific measurements